IOC – INTERNATIONAL OLYMPIC COMMITTEE
CÓDIGOS DE CONDUTAETHICS COMMISSION Betting on sport is not negative in and of itself. Legal betting is one way the public can demonstrate its attachment to sports and athletes and the services offered by national lotteries and private operators are one of the main means of financing sport in many countries. The problem occurs when betting leads to the manipulation of competitions. The very essence of sporting competition is the uncertainty of the result. When that uncertainty is removed, it renders sport a meaningless endeavour. The sports movement therefore has the duty and obligation to ensure that betting activities do not infringe in any way upon the course or result of the competition. What are the risks?
Cheating is no myth
What does the IOC during the Olympic Games to safeguard the sport integrity?
Rules related to betting
Specific rules are published for each edition of the Olympic Games
Mechanism in place
Information and education of the athlete
FOUNDING WORKING GROUP ON THE FIGHT AGAINST IRREGULAR AND ILLEGAL SPORTS BETTING (02 Novembro 2011) Experts’ Meeting on 2 November 2011
Subject 1 – Education and Information
Code of conduct universal principles
1. Know the rules of your own sport and of multi sports events.
2. Never bet on your sport or on any sport on a multi sports event
3. Never fix a competition or part of it.
4. Be careful with inside information, whether it relates to your sport or any
other sport; never disclose such information.
5. Report immediately any time that you are approached to fix a competition
or part of it.
REDE DE DE RESPONSABILIDADE SOCIAL
Leave A Response
- You must be logged in to post a comment.